Friday, November 21, 2014

No.9 | Nature

I have already expressed how grateful I am about the physical ability I have to enjoy the beautiful world around me, but as I got to thinking about it, that beautiful world in and of itself is worth at least a post of its own.

Nature is peaceful, it is ever changing, it is beautiful and mystifying. I love to sit on the porch during a thunderstorm. I love the sound and smell of the rain, the power of the thunder, and the beauty of the bolts of light that flash across the sky. Yet, I love watching the snowflakes fall from a gray sky and land softly in a glittering blanket covering the world below. And I am known to go out of my way to step on a particularly crunchy looking leaf...(and am terribly disappointed if it fails to give a satisfying crunch)


Nature has the ability to stir the soul into contemplation. One can feel an amazing range of emotions while out in nature. I think about the scenes I have looked over at overlook points in the mountains. I feel as though I can see for forever. I can't help but feel small when faced with such majesty and immense space. Yet, I am amazed that I still have a part, however small, in the grand scheme of things. Its humbling and empowering all at the same time.



A night walk down the lane to the creek in my favorite place in the world reveals a Milky Way that is truly beautiful to behold. Yet, there is great beauty in watching humming birds busy flitting from flower to flower.

There is so much to love about the world we live in. We should slow down and truly recognize the magic that happens around us every day.

1 comment:

  1. You really should be a writer. Your descriptions are amazing.

    ReplyDelete