Wednesday, November 5, 2014

No. 2 | My Superhero


It is difficult to put into words just how much I love and adore this man! Prepare for a very poor attempt at just that... It will be one of those mushy posts. But the first thing that comes to mind on my gratitude list is my husband. And I am so very lucky that he is mine! (My father tells me all the time that I "got a good one." and I always agree!)We have been married for 5 years. We have lived in 3 places, have had 2 kids, and have been through some rough patches. We have laughed, cried, stressed, and adventured together. What a life we have ahead of us!

He is a hard worker, and enjoys being the protector, provider, and overall superhero for our family. He works all day and comes home to play with the kids, change diapers, and help me with the dishes. Then, as if that weren't enough, he teaches the young men every Sunday, and goes to class every Tuesday and Thursday night so he can get his Master's degree. He is my superhero.

I admire his strength and his optimism in everything. He is a tough guy when he needs to be, but is so very sweet and gentile when he needs to take care of a sick one here at home. Other qualities I admire about him include: intelligent, friendly, and kind. He is the peacemaker in every situation.

He brings me flowers on my rough days, and whispers sweet nothings in my ear just to get a reaction. He doesn't care what I look like today, and encourages me in whatever crazy endeavor I happen to be working on at the time. He puts up with me throwing crazy parties and helps me prepare. (He squeezed 200+ worms out of straws for me just last week!) He makes me laugh, he loves to make the children laugh. He is loyal and worthy for his priesthood responsibilities and takes great care in performing his duties when and where he is needed.

My heart still flutters at the thought of a lifetime spent with him. I love his smile, I love the silly faces, I love the spark of passion lighting his eyes when he works on a new project. I love to be near him, curled up watching a movie, watching football (its more difficult to snuggle with football on..), just talking in the car. He holds my hand every chance he gets. I can't imagine life without him. Love you Babe!

XOXO
Jess

1 comment:

  1. He's a mighty lucky guy to have you! We're also happy to have him.

    ReplyDelete