Monday, November 3, 2014

No.1 | Testimony

I'm a Mormon. I am proud to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I am grateful for my affiliation to this organization, and for my knowledge and faith in the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ.


I am grateful for Joseph Smith. He saw God the Father and the Son, Jesus Christ as a boy. As a result he was persecuted and led a difficult life, but was able to bring forth the restoration of the Gospel to its fullest. He translated the golden plates into what we now call The Book of Mormon (its a fantastic read, if you are interested, I can find you a copy). He set up the church to be directed by the Lord and he renewed the belief that God still speaks to us today.


I am grateful for Thomas S. Monson who is the living prophet of God on the earth today. He is an incredible man who lives a Christ-like life and serves as an inspiring example of a life of service. I hope to be as good and kind as he is. I am also grateful for the messages he gives and the inspiration he is entitled to. He is the mouthpiece for God and I am grateful to know that if I follow his council and teachings, I will not be led astray.


I am grateful for personal revelation. I know God hears and answers my prayers and it brings great peace and comfort, strength and courage to me through the struggles and events in my life. I do not know where I would be in this lonely world without knowing that God knows and loves me as one of his divine daughters. I cannot imagine living life without this knowledge and I am grateful to be able to acknowledge this gift to the world!

I am grateful for Temples. Not only are they beautiful, they bring a sense of peace to the hectic and busy world around me. Once inside I am able to clear my mind and focus on an eternal perspective. It is through these holy places that we are promised family ties that will last through the eternities. Death looses its sting when you can be reminded of the eternal perspective every time you visit the temple. I love to visit these magnificent buildings and am grateful that I have so many nearby.


And, of course, what would a testimony be without gratitude for my Savior? He knows and understands me. It is through his atonement that he has the ability to know and succor us in our struggles. It is not only sin that he suffered through. He has been through my pain, he understands my heartbreaks, he lifts me up to bear the burdens I have been called to bear. In a similar fashion, he rejoices for me in my successes and in my happiness. He does not care what I look like, how much I weigh, or whether I got straight A's in high school. He loves me for me, and he has been there for me and will continue to be. I am humbled to have Him and His atonement at my disposal and am grateful for his priceless gift to me.

Blessing No. 1: A Testimony of Jesus Christ and the Restoration of His Gospel to the Earth in the Latter days.

1 comment: