Monday, October 28, 2013

Harry Potter Halloween: Wands and a Wizard's Duel

Every party needs a favor. I was crazy enough to think that everyone should have a wand! This was my labor of love this year. I think everyone had a fun time with them as well...

Professor Sprout and Mad-eye Moody's Wands

I found this wand making tutorial online. These are made out of paper and hot glue (aka. super cheap), but they took a lot of time to assemble and design. I was originally going to finish them all and set up an Olivander's shop for each guest to find the wand that had chosen them... It would have been a cleaner way to do it... but not nearly as much fun as having them choose a base wand and painting their wand to fit their style! When my guests arrived we directed them to Olivander's Wand table where they could paint and decorate their wands.

After they dried some, a few of the wizards tested them out in a duel. The wizards start with their backs together. They then take three steps away from each other and quickly strike their best "spell casting" pose. I wish I had better pictures as these don't do it full justice. But it was a lot of fun!








No comments:

Post a Comment