Friday, October 25, 2013

Harry Potter Halloween: Decorations

Our new house turned into a version of Hogwarts for the month of October. The thing about Harry Potter decorations is that they can be as simple or as complicated as your time and imagination will allow. This year, budget and time (something about having a newborn baby...) did not allow for decor as extravagant as my imagination allowed... But I gave it some effort and I had a lot of fun getting things ready for my guests. Most of my "decorations" this year consisted of signs...

The first thing my guests got to see the entrance to Platform 9 3/4. I wanted them to go through the "platform" so I put up the sign Hogwarts has on its front door should any un-suspecting Muggle walk up to it.


I purchased a brick wall photo backdrop from Amazon. I took a part of it and hung it over our gate and cut a slit to create a way through the "barrier".

I printed my signs on parchment paper and hung them in various places around my house. The bathroom of Moaning Myrtle. The entrance to the Chamber of Secrets.


Hermione has been up to something sneaky with the Polyjuice potion in progress...
The family room became the Gryffindor common room complete with Christmas tree! (Yes, I did.)




Its a terrible picture... but there are presents for Harry under the tree and Crookshanks is keeping watching.
A few Educational Decrees from Delores Umbridge plaster the walls.



I put this on our bedroom door to keep the crowds where I didn't want them to venture...

The final (and major) bit of decorating is my Honeydukes Sweet Shoppe. More on that later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment