Thursday, October 10, 2013

Harry Potter Halloween Party

I have been hosting a Halloween party for years now. It tends to be the highlight of my year and I usually begin planning and plotting by the end of June... at least it was the case this year... and the exciting decision that I would be throwing a themed party made it all the more fun for me.

Theme for Halloween 2013: Harry Potter

I admit, I'm a bit of a Potter-head and this party was as much fun to plan as it was to throw it. It is amazing how many resources and tips you can find throughout the world wide web. I kept tabs on the things I could find and diligently pinned all the ideas and pages that I used and may use in the future. (You'd better believe I want to do another one of these!) You can find all my inspiration in one place here.

Another major resource I found in my extensive research is the Harry Potter Wiki. A HUGE database of all things relating to Harry Potter. Seriously.

Included in this party:
Hogwarts Acceptance Letter Invitation: Complete with Marauder's Map and Hogwarts Express Tickets. These were my crown jewel of the party this time!
Hogwarts Decorations: Its amazing how a few simple decorations can give a sense of magic to a party.
Quidditch: Really.
Wands and the Wizard's Duel: This was my labor of love for the party this year. No party is complete without a favor, right?
The Costumes: I had the best guests attend this year! I loved all the costumes! There's some great inspiration here!
Honeyduke's Sweet Shoppe: What Harry Potter is complete without a candy shop to sample from?!
House Points Ceremony: Every year I hold a costume contest and a contest for those who bring things to eat. This year was no exception.

P.S. check back here as I add links to the posts for all the parts of this party.

No comments:

Post a Comment