Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Day 6: My Last Name + the People I Share it With.

Alright. So I feel that I may come off as a little brown-noser as I continue in my gratitude list. I felt it was a little too easy to say that I am grateful for my family. Family is the most important thing to me, as they help me to be the person I am and hope to be. There is so much to say about how grateful I am  to have the family I have. This includes my wonderful in-laws. 

I couldn't ask for a better family to marry into. They welcomed me with open arms, took me in as if I were a daughter of their own... as if I have been around the whole time.

I give a lot of credit to my mother-in-law who told my husband "not to give up on that Jessica girl" before we started dating. I was doing my best, but thanks to mother intuition my husband gave me another shot. So thanks, Mom. She always seems to have her head on straight, even when things are utter chaos around her. With 7 children, chaos happens more often than not... She is such a wonderful example to me. I have had only a short time to get to know her thus far, and I am so grateful for the times I have had to to get to know her on a one-on-one basis. She is an incredible woman and I hope that I can be more like her.

Papa LeBaron is so much fun to be around. He likes to have fun, make jokes, and keep everyone happy. He radiates love with all the tenderness of a big lovable teddy bear. He is so genuine, and kind though he will tease you if you aren't careful. I can't express how much his welcoming hug and "hello, pretty lady" mean to me when we come to visit. I am one of his daughters and he'll take me as I am. I am so grateful to him for that.

Man it is fun to have sisters! (I count the other married sis-in-laws with them.) I love to shop, talk, and craft with these fine young ladies. I the juicy details, the fashion advice, the homemade manicures. They welcomed me with open arms and let me in on the fun! I am grateful to feel that I belong, it means a lot to me.

The boys will be boys... and I wouldn't change that. They make the family gatherings fun, exciting, and entertaining... to say the least. Its is hard to describe how comforting it is having so many brothers around... They can take care of the bad guys. And I know they will.

I know, another wedding picture... don't judge me. Its hard to get this many people to stay still for a photo... 


PS. I have a really cute nephew too! I am grateful to have him to squeeze those little cheeks like good aunts do. (Its my duty. I think he would be disappointed if I didn't...)

4 comments:

  1. Cheek squeezing is definitely the prerogative of aunts! I'm looking forward to a good cheek-squeezing session when we visit family soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got to see Luke! Those are some squeezable cheeks!

      Delete
  2. I second everything you said, but from a different point of view. I absolutely love the LeBears for being such loving, selfless, fun loving and generous people.
    I'm glad Bryce didn't give up on you either. I sure love having you apart of our family!! xo

    ReplyDelete