Thursday, November 1, 2012

Day 1: Testimony

November is the month of gratitude. I wanted to celebrate this year by recording something I am grateful for each day. Today I am grateful for my testimony of the truthfulness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It brings strength and comfort to me in all aspects of my life, and never fails me when times get tough.

I believe that God speaks to his living prophets today. We can learn from them and consider the words they say to be directly from God. I am grateful to have living prophets.

I believe that God speaks to me through revelation and his holy spirit in regards to  my own personal life. I am a child of God, and I am known personally by him. He loves me and cares enough about me that I can address things in my life and he will listen, and he will answer my questions. I am grateful for revelation and for prayers.

I believe in a life after death. Those we lose in this life have only stepped beyond the veil to continue on their eternal journey. We will be reunited with our loved ones again someday. The mourning we have here for our deceased friends and family is sad, only because we miss them. They are not lost, but waiting. We shall all live together again. This is possible through the sacrifice of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I am grateful for this knowledge.

I believe that family is forever. I am sealed to my husband for eternity. I can continue to progress throughout the rest of time... It is through the blessings received through temple ordinances that this perspective is possible. I am grateful for temples, for an eternal perspective, and for the knowledge and comfort this can (and has) brought to my life.

I am grateful for the values and standards that I have committed to. I am a Mormon, a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. For this, I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment