Sunday, July 8, 2012

Bittersweet

Our landlords have officially sold our duplex to a nice couple about our age. The couple has now officially decided that they are going to move in to our side of the duplex and rent the other side. Unfortunately, the other side is not built for a family... more of a newlywed couple space and therefore is too small for our (mostly our little guy) needs. Naturally, that means we get to move.

It has been a roller coaster of emotion. The first initial panic and desperate confusion of finding out we were being uprooted without having a say in the matter. The over zealous excitement that we could move away from the problems this house has tormented me with the last little while. The irritation of having strangers come through my house to see it, and the demolition of my plants in the garden (a story that still irritates me a little). The exhaustion of spending 12 hours looking at different apartments around the valley trying to find a place that we can fit into, expand our family, and still afford... The stress of the looming move as we need to be out by August 1st.

Now we are starting to finally feel good about the eventual move. We have been calmed by that ever abiding spirit that we are being directed and guided toward what is best for our family in our next steps in life. We found a couple of places we like (and in our price range which is a feat!) and we are slowly picking up steam in our excitement at the prospect of a little (much needed) change.

Bitter? Yes. We love the people in our ward here. We love the strength that the students around here exhibit as they themselves experience what we are going through. I like having people who can relate to me and my situation because they are going through it too... right now! Not to mention there is so much love here. We have been in this house since we got married. This has been our life for almost 3 years now. We are comfortable and there is security in that. So today I am sad. Sad that I have to leave my beloved ward members. But I hope that I can still stay in touch with as many as I can. (I hope they will still invite me to join them in their interest groups too!)

The unknown is scary, but exciting. I know the Lord is guiding us, I just wish he could have let me know a little earlier, then again, maybe springing it on me was for the best too...

We still don't know where we will be moving to, but I will try to keep everyone updated as things progress. Much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment