Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Mighty Miracles


This semester has blown in with the end of the last winter storm. The brisk chill stings my cheeks as I bustle around campus on my way to accomplish another errand before my next class. Winter semester is here and whether or not I like it, it's coming fast! I have a fairly full load this semester with classes, my TA job, and being a wife, but my excitement for the semester ahead has not been deterred. On the contrary, it has escalated.

The other evening as I stood in the parking lot I had the chance to just stop. Weird, I know, but in that moment I looked up to see the beautiful mountain ranges that I've lived near all my life standing so majestically, covered in snow. It took my breath away. I realized just how far this mountain range reaches in my little bubble valley here... I can look both ways and see mountains fade into the light fog hovering on the hills... What a wonderful, beautiful miracle I can witness everyday! And how wonderfully sad it is that I have not noticed until now!

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful blog. I decided that one of goals this year, would be to take time to notice the beauty that is around me.
    Love,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. We certainly have more miracles in our lives than we ever realize. We are truly blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One time when I was on my way to your parents house for a visit, I happened to glance up and be reminded of just how majestic those mountains are. It kind of brought a tear to my eye. Good luck this semester!

    ReplyDelete