Saturday, December 26, 2009

Nativities

We have all heard rumors about the collection of nativities my mother has... no, I am not going to post about them... it would take way too long... But in the natural occurrence of things I have acquired a few different nativities myself! I greatly enjoyed the posts about the different nativities everyone has and decided I would put on a show myself! :)

For all the "Precious Moments" that we have through life... :) My mom gave this adorable little set to me for a bridal shower gift. Everyone got a letter of the alphabet to find a present that fit and somehow my mother got the letter "n". :) I absolutely love Precious Moments and was so excited to finally put them out!
(sorry the picture is a little blurry)Some might not count this one (ask my mother, I count ornaments) but its a full scene... well, minus the shepherds... If there was anything that I am guilty of collecting its ornaments... actually, our tree is made up of my random assortment of ornaments... :) This one got special treatment and has sat all month above our DVD player on our TV.

One of my all time favorites... the rubber duckie scene that is placed annually in a place of highest honor... on the porcelain throne. :) You wouldn't believe the comments I get about it all month long... :)

My favorite this year is a little... non-traditional... my mother gave me a little plastic finger puppet nativity last year. Oh the memories we have of Jesus smiting people as my roommate would throw them at people... This year I decided they should get a little more respect... especially baby Jesus... and thus...

ok... so the wise men didn't fare so well in this scenario... but hey, he's a curious little robot... :)

Now I know these have nothing to do with nativities but they do have to do with my Christmas decorations! So here's my last little picture for now...

Yes, our stockings were hung by the window with care... in hopes that we might get one a little bigger... ;)

Love you all! Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog. I'm thinking of becoming a part of the cooking clan also. Keep up the great blogs.
    Love,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you have a good start. I am still trying to figure out where wallee comes in?!?

    ReplyDelete