Tuesday, May 12, 2009

"This is the Place" to come and visit!!!

So I start work at This is the Place again this Friday (the 15th) I am excited to get back up there. I have found that I miss it a lot more than I thought!!! I will be working at the Gardner Cabin (at least for this weekend... so... I get to do pioneer chores this weekend!) So in honor of the occasion, I thought I would do a little free advertising for my favorite park. :) As biased as I am, I will give you the best information I have!

This is the Place Heritage Park is located across the street from the Hogle Zoo. (Our animals are a lot more fun! We let you play with them! ;] ) Every day there will be houses open for our guests to take a glimpse into the past and get a feel for what it was like to live in the 19th century here in Utah. There are crafts for the family to do all over the park, and pony rides for the little ones. Throughout the season we have some big events planned and there are more than ever things to see!

May 15-16: Opening Weekend- Mountain Man Rendezvous. The mountain men will have some things set up to see what it was like to be one of the first explorers in these parts. They are all very fascinating to see.

May 23 &25: Baby Animal Days- This is the weekend that the park receives its new babies for the season. We will have baby lambs, goats, a cow, lots of little chickens, possibly some ducks... etc. It was fun last year for the little kinds to get to go into the petting zoo and find a baby animal to pet and even hold. :) They will be babies for most of the summer, so if that is something you want to see... you won't miss them if you come later in the season. :)

That's what is coming up in the rest of the month. Stay tuned for more information in coming months... :)

In other news, I have some missionaries that are getting ready to come home... and our swamp cooler is now finally working! Ya! (Now I have to go find a blanket...) ;) I hope everyone is having a wonderful spring and summer so far!!! Thanks for letting me brag... :D

2 comments:

  1. Okay, we're definitely going to have to make a visit this summer. Hope to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck. Maybe we'll stop and see you sometime.

    ReplyDelete