Tuesday, March 6, 2012

One Year!

"This time last year..." has been a common phrase the past few days for us. Why you might ask? Because this time last year I was carrying a watermelon attached to my body... and then that watermelon turned into the most beautiful baby boy I could ever imagine... Where has the time gone?! I cannot believe that it has already been a year. It seems like just yesterday we brought him home... yet it seems like a lifetime... We don't really remember what life was like before Brayden. That's a good thing.

Brayden gave me one really good step by himself the other day. Since then he chickens out just as he looks like he's about to move that little foot. Its almost there though. But his personality shines through all day, every day. He has the best faces, and he is a curious little one. This one is fast on those knees too. I usually spend my days following him around. He also babbles... a lot.... and he puts things to his ear to talk through the "phone". Its pretty classic. But it makes me laugh.

He loves balls, he loves putting things into other things... he loves to eat. I haven't been able to feed him for months now. He must feed himself. He likes to be one of the guys. He adores his daddy. I love to see him perk up when the door opens and he hears daddy's voice. I know he loves me because I'm the only one he will hug.

Brayden is super social. He loves other people to pay attention to him. He's not terribly shy either. He'll crawl to just about anyone in the ward... any woman that is... and with that little "shy smile" he puts on, he has everyone smitten. He waves "hi" and "bye" and points to things that he is excited about.

His favorite foods are pears, bananas, and... chocolate cake... figures. But he's a pretty good eater. No picky-ness as of yet. (one can only hope)

The doctor gave us a clean bill of help and he is current on his immunizations. He sits very comfortably in the 57th percentile for his weight and height. Right where he's supposed to be at 21lbs 12 oz and 30 inches long. Like I said, growing like crazy!  Life is pretty good. I absolutely LOVE being a mom. This little man makes it almost easy. We have our moments, but I can't ever stay mad at those large eyes for too long...


The boys playing with his new basketball hoop



Brayden's birthday cupcake and the adult Cookies and  Cream  version...

Brayden wasted no time digging into his cake...




His aunt Lindsey gave us these awesome long sleeved  bibs. A godsend.

That cake took 2 boxes of mix... amazingly, he  did  not get sick...I do every time I look at that...



There you have it! Where Brayden is at his 12 month mark. I still can't believe it!

No comments:

Post a Comment