Monday, April 12, 2010

Green thumb?

There is a joke in my family that we don't grow vegetables in our vegetable garden, we grow trailers... For any who have visited our garden you might be inclined to agree. As a result of our fun-loving personalities, we have just never found the time or means to care for a garden... Last summer I had my first taste of a garden... not that I was able to enjoy the fruits of my labors, but I did enjoy the experience. This year I have decided that I want to utilize the fact that I actually have a little yard to work on. I have a little round flower bed and some space along my house. My Square Foot Garden is a blog that has some really great insights, but I am novice enough I have no idea where to begin...

So the question is, what do I plant? I really want some pretty flowers... but have no idea how to do so... I also thought about a few herb plants or something... but honestly have no clue... anyone got any suggestions for me?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jessica,
    Good girl. I'm thinking the same thing. If you plant herbs I would do them in pots by the garden so they don't get mixed up or spread all over. Carrots and string beans are great. I think I have some ideas somewhere. I'll try to look for them.
    Love,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry - no ideas from me! My kids all say that anything green at our house actually has one foot in the grave. They've been known to bet on how long one of my plants will last. :-)

    ReplyDelete