Friday, July 12, 2013

Summer 2013 and a New Teacher

Wow, I can barely wrap my brain around things as they are... now I am looking ahead to the 3rd week of every month to teach a lesson in Relief Society! I am a bundle of nerves and excitement. I like my Relief Society sisters and I know they will be good to me, but I am intimidated all the same... (I may have mentioned that my 10th grade English teacher is in my ward... and she gives awesome 4th week lessons...) But I am also thrilled with the calling as a learning experience for me. I admit, my personal study has lacked... enthusiasm... the past little while as I have struggled to find a particular study to peak my interest. I see this as an opportunity to give my study a little direction throughout the month as I look ahead and prepare for my lesson.

What have we been up to?
We went to St. George with Bryce's family and we got to go camping with my parents. Also, I have reached the halfway point in the pregnancy and we celebrated by taking the awkward "baby bump" photo... I feel strange taking that picture, but I'll share it anyway...

Mary Poppins at the Tuachan 

Chalk drawing with Grandpa. I just loved Brayden's face!

Yep, I'm getting bigger... 

Is there any dirt left on the ground outside? Not likely...

Playgrounds are Brayden's favorite hangout!


To celebrate the 4th, the family went to see the Colonial Fest in the park. We also took Brayden to see the hot air balloons. He wasn't so sure about them at first, and he was very upset when the bear balloon set off and wasn't coming back... but we had a lot of fun.

Getting the dress-ups off was the hard part...

Where these crazy boys belong! 

Bryce was ready to protect his family


The Bear balloon as it floated away...

My "nesting instincts" have begun to kick into high gear with a list of crazy projects for me and the hubby to do to keep us busy until September... Hopefully I can keep the updates a little more frequent... but I can't promise anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment