Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2011 and a List of Goals


As usual, January brings with is a little reminiscing and planning for the future. It also comes with a list of goals and renewed desire to take on the new year with full energy. 2010 was a pretty good year. Big Bird found a position at a new (and much better) company. He is much happier and has been there for 6 months now.

I started growing a living somebody inside my stomach... which has been quite the work... but we have seen him, heard his little heartbeat, and have marveled at the miracle this little man is. He keeps me updated on what he is doing on a very regular basis and it usually has something to do with my ribs... we are currently attending a prenatal class at the hospital that we are going to deliver at now that I am far enough along. We're on the home stretch and have finally reached the 32 week mark! :) Eek! He is on his way! (and no... he doesn't have a name quite yet... its on our list of things to decide...)

I did fairly well in my classes last semester and I am now a total pro at sewing (at least at a beginning level...). I am also very glad to be done with last semester... and am excited to get into this one. I am going to learn a lot!

Which brings me to 2011. It has started and is already rolling... but I can't miss the opportunity to report on a few of the goals that I have. That way I can be accountable, at least to myself, for at least some of them...

1. Try at least 3 new recipes every month.

2. Read a book for fun every month.

3. Update my blog on a regular basis. (I am aiming for at least weekly.)

4. Bring up our food storage to 3 month status.

5. Have a healthy baby and make it through the semester with decent grades.

2011 holds a lot of promise for us and we are excited for the adventures ahead. There is a lot of anticipation, and even a little anxiety... but mostly excitement for the upcoming unknown. :) I have faith that God is watching out for us and is guiding us in our situations and opportunities. Thanks to all who stick through reading these slightly boring posts. I hope to make it a little more interesting soon! :)


2 comments:

  1. Great new goals. You are a terrific seamstress. This year will be a truly blessed year full of lots of new things. Good luck in school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Especially, the weekly posting idea! Also, you should keep us updated on how you're working on your food storage. I always enjoy hearing how other people do it, recipes, meal plans, etc.

    ReplyDelete