Friday, October 22, 2010

Pink or Blue?!

Forget seeing red... ever since finding out that we are expecting everything little that I walk by at the stores seems to call to the little one inside me. I have been on a crazy boy-girl roller coaster the last couple of months as I have been asked what we are having... Torn between the cute little frilly accessories that can adorn your little girl's hair to the little missionary ties that can match father and son. It is literally driving me baby crazy!!!

Well, the tallies have been counted and the Doctor consulted. We finally know that we are expecting a little BOY!!! The ties won out this time and now our vision is a mass of blue. Big Bird has had a difficult time keeping his giant smile under wraps when talking about it. What an incredible experience to have... There is a little person inside this large protruding belly! It has a spine, a beating heart, a brain, little eyes, a nose... a stomach...tiny little hands and feet. He's completely formed, just a mini version of his dad. A very good reason for me to be expanding and throwing up...

I can't describe how humbling it has been to know that I have been entrusted to carry and care for this little precious bundle of boy (I mean joy...). He is coming to us totally and completely dependent on us and we are supposed to guide and direct him through life to become a successful adult (who won't be so small).

A few days ago, I had someone tell me I should have a boy... and ever since I have not been able to shake an underlying excitement for having a boy. I couldn't be more excited! Thanks for all the support and love from you all! Its going to be quite the adventure. :) Time to work on the nest a little... :)


2 comments:

  1. What a great post. I think I'm just about as excited as your mother. You are part mine you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! You're going to be great parents. :-)

    ReplyDelete