Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Marriage, snow, and Idaho!

One of my dearest friends/ roommates was (finally) married and sealed to her new husband on May 1st. What an adventure for her (for the rest of forever) and for us, the roomies this weekend. She looked so beautiful with her hair all done, in her beautiful dress, smiling because she was finally going to be with the man she loves forever! He couldn't stop smiling all weekend... pretty cute. :)


I was able to attend the ceremony/ordinance and oh what a special treat that was for me! The sealer brought up some wonderful points regarding eternity and the couple's centrality to eternity for their family. Both previous generations and future posterity. It was quite the concept to ponder and I couldn't help revisit my own marriage and what we were told on our special day. I was also able to apply some new knowledge into my own marriage and was able to talk about it with my husband. A special moment for us. I am so grateful to know I get to spend eternity with such an amazingly wonderful man! :) (sorry mushy again... i shall refrain...)


The snow on the mountain was big, cold, and wet as they were getting ready to come out of the temple. As a result, the bride was a little unhappy. They will get to take pictures on a sunnier day, but it still makes a bride cringe a little when you plan for the sun to shine... Luckily, the Bountiful temple has a little atrium inside that they were able to take pictures with their friends and family there. As we were standing in the hall, chatting as we waited for the "friends" picture, we were right in the pathway of some of the temple personal. When we moved closer to the wall, Ica looked at a group of men coming toward us, recognized one and smiled. While passing, just inches from my shoulder, he said hello to Ica as he walked passed and she responded. By the time his back was to us we all realized that who should have walked past us but President Eyring! *gasp!* I was about to tell a story, if I had, I might have hit him as he walked passed! *blush* So yes, I thought it was cool enough to blog about... :)

P.S. that skirt was made with a little help by yours truly! There is much love in that skirt! :)

The luncheon was in Bountiful, the reception was in Burley, Idaho where his parents live. Yes, we drove out to the reception, and I was able to provide some support as our dear bride was getting ready as her brother was in the emergency room with a burn cornea... and her parents missing... and trying to take some pictures. It all turned out in the end, but as a bride it is easily the end of the world. I was very happy to be there with her and wish her and her husband the best of my very best wishes...

Bryce's brothers both live in Logan. So we stopped by for the night and went to church with Layne and Alison. We got to see Colby and Megan's new little home (which is such a great home!) and had some delicious stuffed french toast (thank you krustbuster!). It was fun to spend some time with them, and laugh a little with them. Thanks guys for letting us stay with you! We also got to spend some time with my family to share Sunday dinner, and plan some future meals. (Cinco de Mayo is gonna be awesome!)

What an awesome adventure this weekend was. I am so happy to have such a wonderful life, wonderful family, and wonderful friends! As enjoyable as this weekend has been, we are still glad to be home and back into our regular school/work life for a few days before the next crazy weekend. :) Life is great! :) Happy Spring everyone!

3 comments:

  1. It was fun to see you both last night. Cinco de Mayo was great! Just keep loving him the way you do and you will always be happy. It's the greatest thing that can happen to you. I'm a romantic at heart. Mushy is great!
    Love,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm SO ready for the snow to be gone! My daffodils look like those tulips in your picture! It's coming, though!

    ReplyDelete