Friday, January 23, 2009

A little note, a little lost, and a lotta love


You know those days where an hour seems like a week and no matter how hard you try, all efforts to be productive seemingly float out the window? Those days that, despite your best efforts, nothing just seems to go your way. It is difficult to see the sunshine behind the clouds on days like this. But I learned a lot about sunshine yesterday and it all came about with a little note, a little Lost, and a whole lot of love.

My day started just like any other day. Ica's alarm went off way earlier than it should have... Although I did not arouse into complete consciousness, I was awake enough to recognize the migraine that took residence overnight in my right temporal lobe of my brain. A very promising start to any day... it set the stage for all following events as well. It was as if each event felt added pressure to make my life just as frustrating all the while having the migraine encouraging constantly.

When 4:45 finally came around I was completely exhausted and only wanted to go home. I had plans set up and considered calling it all off on account of my sour mood. By the time 5:30 crept up I picked up my stuff and practically ran out the door to find my Jeep and get home. I was anxious to see my boy and eat dinner in desperate hope that I would find a smile. I didn't make it far, however before the first ray of sun broke through the clouds. Stuck behind my door handle on my Jeep was a little note. Inside was a note of appreciation and attempts to make me smile. Who from? You guessed it, Bryce. I got in my car as my tears tried to decide if they wanted to escape. They must have decided that it was too cold to make a break for it this time and I drove home to my warm apartment, dinner, and my wonderful boy finally able to smile about something.

The long awaited night had finally arrived. I don't just mean that it was a long day... it was the night that I have been waiting for since summer started. January 21, 2009... the premiere episode of season 5 of... yep you guessed it again... LOST!!!
Although yesterday was the 22nd, it was still long awaited. (we had more pressing priorities on the 21) Bryce consented to come with Ica and I to my family's house to see the newest twists and turns this show held for us. Yes, that's right, we spent our 2 month mark watching LOST. Romantic eh? Surprisingly, this premiere was not as emotionally draining as most. It was more of a brain teaser/challenger... (which for one with a migraine makes it even more interesting). We talked about it and pondered about the difficulty of time... and comprehending it... and made our way back home to make it back by pumpkin time.

Even in the darkest days Heavenly Father will bless us if we're trying our best. It takes a lot of effort to stay positive on days like those I described... but there is always something to smile about. I lost sight of that (teehee... lost...) but now realize that I have so much to smile about! I am surrounded with the most amazing people who love me for who I am (at least that's what they say... :] ). What a blessing to know that I'm being watched over by those here and by those upstairs... that right there can bring a smile to my soul!

3 comments:

  1. I love surprise notes! I have a love/hate relationship with LOST. For some reason I keep coming back even though absolutely nothing has be answered from season one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for LOST! It was crazy, was it not?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lost was great! I think it has recently answered a few questions... I wasn't expecting to have to refer back to the first season again... yep... pretty much!

    ReplyDelete